The Town of Wayland, MA (population 13,900 covering 15.28 sq.mi.) seeks a progressive, energetic and dynamic individual to join its management team. Serving as the Police Chief in accordance with M.G.L. Chapter 41, Section 97A, the Chief will lead a department of 22 Officers serving a primarily residential community west of Boston. The successful candidate will possess a clear vision for the future of the department, demonstrable leadership skills, excellent communication and customer service skills and the ability to interact effectively with all members of the community. Duties include directing all departmental operations; developing and implementing rules, policies and procedures; developing and implementing training programs; interfacing with a wide variety of contacts; administering to department personnel and participating in labor negotiations.
More Articles ...
- SEMRECC Executive Director Posting
- Link to new Public Records regulations under 950 CMR 32.00, dated 12/16/2016 and effective on 1/1/2017
- Stanard & Associates - POST, NDST and NFLST/NSLST / Fillable order Forms
- MCOPA/MMCC - Response to the Final Report of the President's Task Force on 21st Century Police
- Legal Updates
- State Contract OVM10
- Chiefs Discussion Forum
- Legislation Documents - now live!
- Changes to State Laws Governing Animal Control
- Leominster Quinn Bill Artibration Decision
- Chapter 90s 24J Notices
- Alarm Management Video